Last week we reawakened our hunger for new recipes using our favorite gourmet sauces and spreads on Tasty Tuesday. Today I'm telling you how we made an easy chicken marsala in under 20 minutes with the help of Rosie's Marsala Sauce. Fresh onions, authentic Marsala Wine, butter, and beef stock, along with savory herbs and spices simmer in a stainless steel kettle to form this sweet and full flavored gourmet sauce that will instantly elevate the simplest cut of chicken into a featured dish that plates well with mashed potatoes or pasta, making it not only easy on your time but on your budget, as well.
- First, we take a chicken breast and pound it flat using a rolling pin, tortilla press, or by whacking it with a pan, like we did. (It's a great way to relieve some stress!)
- Next, we're going to mix together 3 tablespoons of flour and a generous sprinkle of salt and pepper into either a plastic bag or dish to coat the thinned chicken
- Heat 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil in a pan and once hot add chicken. Cook to a golden brown on each side. Remove from pan and set aside.
- As you are cooking the chicken breasts, you can boil a pot of water to prepare your pasta or mashed potatoes. Boil and prepare as you typically would.
- Slice 4 ounces of baby Bella mushrooms and mince 2 cloves of garlic. Add to pan you used for the chicken, along with 2 tablespoons of butter and sauté about 3 minutes until fragrant. Pour in 1 jar of Rosie's Marsala Sauce and heat for about 2 minutes.
- Serve over mashed potatoes or pasta and garnish with parsley, if desired.